Winter is a time of rest and sleeps in nature. And only indoor trees are delighted with their colors and come back in the summer. But in order for pets to please their owners in the winter, you need to know the conditions for taking care of your plant at this time of year. In this post, you learn How to keep outdoor plants alive in winter?
In winter, many plants come to rest. All the process slows down, the growth stops, some flowers leave the leaves. However, there are plants that bloom in winter. However, caring for trees in winter is different than in summer and spring.
How are the trees alive in the winter?
We know that animals survive by hibernation in winter. In the same way, winter trees survive. This method of hibernation of trees is called dormancy. Many people may not know what a hibernation method is. how to help plants survive winter?
Do you know What is hibernation?
The method used by some animals to survive the winter is called hibernation. The hibernation method allows animals to eat more food and fall asleep for a while or for a few days. This is basically hibernation.
what happens to plants during winter
For hibernation, an animal has to consume more than its normal amount and many times more food. Because they cannot eat any food during hibernation. The previous foods meet their food needs and maintain their body temperature.
During hibernation, almost all animal activities except excretion and respiration are stopped. Not all animals hibernate. Especially animals like snakes, bears, bats, bees hibernate.
Some animals hibernate for a week and some animals hibernate for months. Besides, some animals hibernate for 150 days. Among hibernated animals, bats hibernate for the longest time.
How to keep outdoor plants alive in winter?
How to keep outdoor plants alive in winter? Hopefully, the issue of hibernation has become clear to you. Now let’s talk about trees. The method of hibernation of trees is called dormancy.
How do you keep outdoor plants alive in the winter?
The strength of the tree decreases to create tree dormancy. As a result, the metabolism of the three stops. And the growth of the tree stops. At the same time, the leaves of the tree fall.
The fall of the leaves of this tree is the primary and main symptom of dormancy. The main reason for falling leaves during dormancy is that the food of the tree is not made.
We know that the tree makes food through the leaves. That is why the tree sheds its leaves. At this time the leaves of the tree are considered an unnecessary thing for the tree.
And the tree needs the energy to hold on to these unnecessary things. And because the tree has a limited amount of energy during this dormancy, the tree also sheds its leaves to pick up its own energy.
Now the question may be,
can we stop this dormancy system of trees in any way?
The simple answer here is yes. The dormancy of trees can be stopped by keeping the tree inside the house and controlling the temperature of the house. But stopping the dominance of the tree has many kinds of bad effects. This can disrupt the life of the tree. The tree is dormant for its own needs. So it is better to leave them in this state.
Since indoor plants are indoors, there is a lot of difference in care than plants that grow in the garden mostly in winter, how are the tree alive in the winter: How to keep outdoor plants alive in winter?
Who doesn’t like a little touch of green in the corner of the room? Due to the lack of space in the heart of the city, many people rely on indoor or balcony to fulfill their hobby of gardening.
There are many types of indoor plants available now. However, proper care is also important to keep the indoor plant good. Since indoor plants are indoors, there is a big difference between caring for trees in the garden and caring for indoor plants to alive in winter. Here are some urgent suggestions.
How indoor plants alive during winter?
1. Water the plant a certain amount. Excess water but damages the plant. Make sure that water does not freeze at the base of the tree all night. This can cause the roots of the tree to rot. Even if the tree is not watered every day. You need to know if the tree needs water.
Try pressing the soil with your hands before watering the tree. There is no need to give water if you feel wet. The ideal time to water the trees is in the morning and in the afternoon.
Because at this time the intensity of the sun is less. Give more water to the tree in summer and less water in winter. Give water slowly. Make sure that the soil in the tub does not dry out completely.
2. Place the tree in a room that is well ventilated. Do not keep trees in very dark rooms or where it is very sunny. New saplings must be placed on the veranda or where the light and air come from. The seedlings will grow properly and the tree will not have fungus.
3. It is better not to keep trees in a room where AC is running or room temperature changes from time to time. The leaves of the tree fall easily.
4. When the tree gets extra sun, the front part of the leaf often dries out and shrinks. Also, the color of the flowers or leaves of the tree may become lighter. In this case, keep the tree in a relatively cool place without exposing it to direct sunlight.
5.Many times the seedlings of the tree grow very fast as a result of giving more fertilizer but the stem turns yellow and the tree suddenly falls down. In this case, put a lot of water at the base of the tree in a few hours. If the manure is washed out, the problem will be solved.
6. Make sure that the fallen flowers and dried leaves do not freeze in the tub. Always keep the tub clean. The tree will be good.
7. Wipe the leaves lightly with a dry cotton soft cloth or sponge if house dust, dirt or grime accumulates on the leaves. If there are many small leaves on the tree, fill the spray bottle with water and spray it clean.
8. If you want to clean many trees at once, place the trees under the shower. However, before cleaning, wrap the base of the tree and its surroundings with plastic. Otherwise, the soil of the tree can be washed and damaged.
9. Give liquid plant food while the soil is wet. Do not give extra plant food as needed. It is harmful to the tree. Liquid plant foods containing nitrogen, phosphate, and potash are ideal for indoor plants.
10. Give liquid plant food while the soil is wet. Do not give extra plant food as needed. It is harmful to the tree. Liquid plant foods containing nitrogen, phosphate, and potash are ideal for indoor plants.
11. To protect the plant from insect infestation, mix aspirin tablets in water. The salicylic acid in aspirin helps boost the plant’s immunity. Fill the spray bottle with this mixture and spray it on the leaves from time to time.
Note: you can also try those guidelines for outdoor plants alive during winter
How to keep indoor plants warm in winter?
The most ideal approach to keep indoor plants warm in winter. There are 6 kinds of method room radiators to browse:
How to keep outdoor plants alive in winter?
The method of hibernation of trees is called dormancy.
plants & trees alive in winter by dormancy process. Learn more:-